Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Xanpan - now available

A bit over two years ago I started using the term Xanpan to describe the style of agile I advocate and help teams implement. If it isn’t obvious Xanpan - pronounced “Zan-pan” - is a cross between Kent Beck’s Extreme Programming (XP) and David Anderson’s Kanban.

At first I used the term Xanpan to myself, then I started using it in public, then people started telling me they wanted to know more. While I’ve mentioned Xanpan in this blog a few times I’ve never really described it as a whole. That has now changed.

A few days ago I made “Xanpan - reflections on Agile and Software Development” available on LeanPub. This is a short e-book which described Xanpan. In the best traditions of LeanPub publishing the book is going to evolve and change.

Right now I’m reading it end-to-end and fixing a few small things. After this I’d like to write a section on requirements/need/product ownership and another on management. Plus - and this is one of the advantages of LeanPub - I want to get feedback on what I’ve written.

A few people have already seen drafts and given me some feedback but I’m hoping to get more. I’m also hoping for a special type of feedback which is very meaningful: money. On LeanPub the book is available for a small sum of money. If people are prepared to pay then I know its an endeavour worth continuing.

In addition, I’ve added a Xanpan page to my own website which provides some other links about Xanpan - mainly pieces in this blog.

Please buy Xanpan today! That will give me immediate feedback in dollars, then send me your comments - feedback tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.